Bangladesh Law Digest (BDLD) aims to focus on legal issues currently being debated in Bangladesh as well as those being debated international with specific reference to Bangladesh. In order for this end to be fulfilled, BDLD welcomes submission of original writes-up on the aforesaid lines. Additionally, BDLD may also solicit contributions. Please refer to the Instructions for Authors section below before submitting a piece.
BDLD invites authors to submit manuscripts under following heads:
1. Section I: Article: An article is a thorough analysis of current legal issues currently being debated in Bangladesh or abroad that could have an impact on Bangladesh. The word limit for articles is between 1,500 to 3000 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication in the Journal.
2. Section II: Book Reviews: A book review should focus on either an autobiography authored by a lawyer which could inspire aspirants and practitioners in the legal field or focuses on a practical issue that is important to know in the legal profession. For instance, a book review on a book that deals with how to bill clients or how to understand a judge’s mind etc. The word limit for book review is between 1,000 to 2,000 words for being considered for publication in the Journal.
MODEL OF PUBLICATION
Bangladesh Law Digest (BDLD) will procure contributions for journal in form of Articles, or Book Reviews in following ways:
* Invitation based: BDLD would seek to invite contributions from eminent legal luminaries, academicians, practitioners, students and scholars on a prior notified topic.
* Rolling Submissions: BDLD accepts rolling submissions for its forthcoming issues as per the following guidelines.
1. All writes-up submitted should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 12, line spacing 1.5′; justified.
2. Footnotes cited in the manuscript should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 10, line spacing 1′; justified.
3. Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Please ensure that each footnote conforms to OSCOLA (Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities) citation standards.
4. The write-up should be submitted online in a MS Word format document to firstname.lastname@example.org .
REVIEW OF WRITE-UP
The write-up submitted for publication in Bangladesh Law Digest (BDLD) should be an original work of the author and should have not been published previously or currently is submitted for publication in any electronic or print media. The author will be responsible for the accuracy of statement of facts, opinions or views stated in the submitted manuscript. In case of any plagiarism found in the contents of submitted manuscript, the manuscript will be rejected. The final discretion as to the acceptance of the manuscripts rests with the Board of Editors of Bangladesh Law Digest.
There may be a peer review of each article submitted to the Board of Editors for publications by eminent scholars in the field of law on which the article/book review is focusing as part of the selection process for publication in the forthcoming issue. However, the same is subject to the discretion of BDLD.
The manuscripts published by the Bangladesh Law Digest (BDLD) are the Intellectual Property of the Journal. However, for non-commercial purposes the use of published material is not prohibited. Proper intimation and permission of the Board of Editors is required.
The views expressed in the articles, comments and all other contributions in any other form to the Bangladesh Law Digest (BDLD) are those of the individual authors and not necessarily of the Board of Editors of Bangladesh Law Digest. The contributors by submitting any contribution towards Bangladesh Law Digest (BDLD) agree to indemnify Bangladesh Law Digest (BDLD) from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
For further clarification, you may kindly send BDLD an email at email@example.com .